It’s about a year ago since i wrote about a panic button setup with the Fibaro Button and Telldus/Tellstick.
As I moved my Z-wave devices to Home Assistant, the Button scenes hasn’t been supported and therefore my button has been put away until now.
After reading the forum thread And this docs for z-wave device specific, I got it working!
Edit zwcfg config
- Open the Z-wave documentation for device specific.
- Turn off your Home Assistant (stop service)
- Open the zwcfg_xxxxxx.xml in your config.
- Copy and replace the device specific for your button node, as described in the documentation.
- Start Home Assistant
- Write a automation
My simple test automation
I Just wrote a simple automation to test. One click turns on a light, two click turns it off.
- alias: 'FibBtnTest' trigger: platform: event event_type: zwave.scene_activated event_data: entity_id: zwave.fibaro_red_btn_01 scene_id: 1 scene_data: 0 action: - service: switch.turn_on entity_id: switch.lys_pc_robert - alias: 'FibBtnTest off' trigger: platform: event event_type: zwave.scene_activated event_data: entity_id: zwave.fibaro_red_btn_01 scene_id: 1 scene_data: 3 action: - service: switch.turn_off entity_id: switch.lys_pc_robert
Finding scene data value
For finding the scene data value, the best way is to check the Z-wave log. This can be found under your Home Assistant root, named OZW_Log.txt. You can also pull the log in the GUI, under Configuration -> Z-wave -> OZW Log.
I find it most easy to view the log in Putty:
# tail -f /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/OZW_Log.txt | grep «Node010»
(Grep will only show data for the node you want. In my case the button was Node010. You can find your node id under the Z-wave node management in the GUI.)
2018-01-21 14:37:46.512 Info, Node010, Received Central Scene set from node 10: scene id=1 in 0 seconds. Sending event notification. 2018-01-21 14:37:46.512 Detail, Node010, Refreshed Value: old value=3, new value=0, type=int 2018-01-21 14:37:46.512 Detail, Node010, Changes to this value are not verified 2018-01-21 14:37:46.512 Detail, Node010, Notification: ValueChanged
From the log you can se «new value=0» on line 2 above.